- MADRID 17-19 OCT 2013
- Opening Ceremony Plenary Lectures Maria Jose Navas and Liliana Tolchinsky
- Other literacy projects
Classroom Experiences Comenius project
- Plenary Lecture David Rose (U Sydney)
Partners and project and evaluator Caroline Coffin (Open university UK)
The project aims to:
• improve student learning outcomes, particularly for those who are educationally disadvantaged,
• develop the expertise of educators in literacy pedagogy based on the functional model of language
• trial the pedagogy in classrooms
• collect evidence of student learning
• evaluate the success of the teacher and student learning.
The objective of the project in its first phase is to:
• build shared knowledge and understandings about the functional approach to literacy pedagogy
• develop national adaptations of the learning materials for trialling in schools in the second phase
To read more about the project go to:
Educators will gather data on their national curricula, student literacy achievement and the key approaches to literacy education as a platform to guide their national adaptations of the functional approach to literacy learning. At each international meeting consortium partners will report on their national work.
The objective of the second phase is for each of the seven key educators from each cluster to train at least two classroom practitioners of upper primary and junior to middle secondary students to implement the nationally adapted new pedagogy and support them as they progressively trial it in the classroom, drawing on results from the Swedish experience...